cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

funny memory problems Mathcad 15

Efried
1-Newbie

funny memory problems Mathcad 15

After removing some variables in the programm, Mathcad still behaves like a donkey not willing to surpass 5000 iterations creating new vectors <1000 entries long. The latest error message is about "accessing protected memory" indicating "corrupt memory". Does this refer to physical memory?

My configuration is 3 GB used memory with 32 bit W7.

Is there an easy way to get back som flexibility, using larger matrizes?

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:Efried)

Efried wrote:

Hello Stuart many thanks for the endeavour. Got the attachemnt lost?

at each simulation vectors are handed over to a subprogramm and new ones created by the sub programm and handed over via the programm

regards

Umm, no, it didn't get lost. I got distracted halfway through by my wife asking me to yell at my 10 year-old who, in turn, got distracted by TV (or turned temporarily deaf by it) when asked to tidy up the bathroom after him! Posted without checking, I'm afraid. Mea Culpa.

Stuart

PS. What Werner says.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

Could you clarify what you mean by "5000 iterations creating new vectors < 1000 entries long"? Do you mean like the attached which runs a loop n times that creates a new vector of length m (erasing the old one) or creates n distinct new vectors or ...?

If you run the attached worksheet, do you get memory errors? I don't runnning it on a 32-bit Win 7 Ultimate with 4GiB RAM.

Stuart

at each simulation vectors are handed over to a subprogramm and new ones created by the sub programm and handed over via the programm

regards

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Probably posting a stripped down worksheet which reproducably throws the error on you machine would be of more help than a vague description!?

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

Efried wrote:

regards

Umm, no, it didn't get lost. I got distracted halfway through by my wife asking me to yell at my 10 year-old who, in turn, got distracted by TV (or turned temporarily deaf by it) when asked to tidy up the bathroom after him! Posted without checking, I'm afraid. Mea Culpa.

Stuart

PS. What Werner says.

Dear Stuart, Wow your sheet is the best ever response to my Mathcad problems 😉 So many thanks. Actually I have insertet one additional variant and attaching the results of increasing the load. Not good- may be this max. cell size is restricted by the ACADEMIC version?

This is referred to as "real life leakage".

Mathcad Help seems to be of little use in solving this issue.

Efried
1-Newbie

after debugging quite some mathcad code I'm sure that the stack function creates the memory problems. It is not only slow.

Top Tags