cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

generate formulas of count of types of concentration

sandrey
1-Newbie

generate formulas of count of types of concentration

Help to generate formulas of count of types of concentration for all expressions given on the picture 1 on the samples shown on the picture 2. I will be very grateful.

1)

1-5.png

2)

1-7.png

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Andrey.

Normality and Molality are obsoletes. But people are still using them. One reason of the obselescense is that in the interception of L with L there are not a "one", there a formula with 1000 as factor to get from litters to cm3. I recommend you to use the formulation from the wikipedia Molality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia which don't have the "1000", and the same for the normality page.

For the numbers 100 or %'s it's more easy: ignore them in the table. For example, last row, first column, says K = mp*100%/(mb+mp) is well write as K = mp/(mb+mp). Then you can express K as value (0.2, for instance) or as percent (20%). Remember that the correct numeric value for 20% is 0.2.

About the deduction of the formulas, your picture shows that you do very well that in mathcad.

Hope this lines helps.

Best regards.

Alvaro.

PD: I see that there are not Russian page in wikipedia for molality nor normality. Maybe you can write them, or not, just because the SI standard don't use them anymore. Check the SI standard for naming concentrations at page 27 of the printed book (39 the electronic pdf) at http://www.nist.gov/customcf/get_pdf.cfm?pub_id=200349 

Thank you very much.

Top Tags