cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

generate matrix from numerical integration

M_U
9-Granite
9-Granite

generate matrix from numerical integration

Hello,

Hello everyone,

I have a very simple question. I solved an integration and I was unable to generate a table with the data of that integration. I send my file here. Can anyone help me?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:M_U)

You have defined z as a range, that is something completely different from a vector. And it is important that you understand that.

A Vector is a (single) column Matrix. Both a Vector and a Matrix are forms of an Array. Array's are mathematical constructs that you can Index, that is, you can point at an individual element of the Array.

A Range is just a list of numbers. In Mathcad you can/should use Ranges only to:

- Plot a function (over a range), the range can contain any linear sequence (equally spaced) of real numbers.

- Control a FOR loop in a program, or iterate a (set of) equations on worksheet level, again, the range can contain any real number sequence.

- Index into an Array, in this case the range must consist of integers only.

If you want that matrix, here's what you can do:

LucMeekes_0-1619629891426.png

In the above program, k is a range used for the second AND the third purpose.

Success!
Luc

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

You should be able to get a table by entering:

C(z)=

and wait for the result..

LucMeekes_0-1619629961956.png

Success!
Luc

M_U
9-Granite
9-Granite
(To:LucMeekes)

Thank you Luc,

I'm trying to create a matrix with z and C (z) using the augment function and it doesn't work. C (z) and z are not vectors?

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

You have defined z as a range, that is something completely different from a vector. And it is important that you understand that.

A Vector is a (single) column Matrix. Both a Vector and a Matrix are forms of an Array. Array's are mathematical constructs that you can Index, that is, you can point at an individual element of the Array.

A Range is just a list of numbers. In Mathcad you can/should use Ranges only to:

- Plot a function (over a range), the range can contain any linear sequence (equally spaced) of real numbers.

- Control a FOR loop in a program, or iterate a (set of) equations on worksheet level, again, the range can contain any real number sequence.

- Index into an Array, in this case the range must consist of integers only.

If you want that matrix, here's what you can do:

LucMeekes_0-1619629891426.png

In the above program, k is a range used for the second AND the third purpose.

Success!
Luc

M_U
9-Granite
9-Granite
(To:LucMeekes)

Thank you very much Luc!!!

Top Tags