cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

ldante
11-Garnet

graph

Hi.   How can I make the graph in Mathcad prime similar to this figure. Do I have a missing formula ?

43 REPLIES 43
ldante
11-Garnet
(To:Werner_E)

The range variable for plotting. How can I use that to put the beginning of the graph line exactly in p1 value  = 160. I just assumed 15 base in my visual assumptions.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:ldante)

Let Mathcad solve the equation ps.4.10a(L)=160MPa for L to get the start value for the range.

You may use the symbolic solve, a solve block or simply the root function to do so.

WE

Thank you for your responses Werner.

ldante
11-Garnet

I have here a graph where grid line are not symmetrical. Are this possible to create  using Mathcad prime  ?

Log scale is in Mathcad Prime, but no grid

Or

How can I apply this to my graph .can you please help me ?

Thank you

ldante
11-Garnet

Why my graph are not the same?

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Because apparently you've defined x to be 1( although, that doesn't explain why you should get a vertical bar from y=0.5 to y=1...Hmm), instead of a range (or undefined, in which case for plotting it's automatically defnined from -10...10).

Define x:=1,2..100 (by typing x:1,2;100) just before you define f(x), and you should get a nice graph.

Luc

LucMeekes wrote:

Because apparently you've defined x to be 1( although, that doesn't explain why you should get a vertical bar from y=0.5 to y=1...Hmm), instead of a range (or undefined, in which case for plotting it's automatically defnined from -10...10).

Define x:=1,2..100 (by typing x:1,2;100) just before you define f(x), and you should get a nice graph.

Luc

Look at the scale! What you see is not a vertical line but the graph of the log function. Look at (1;0) and (10;1).

Lex Dante seems not to know that his plot where the  "grid line are not symmetrical" has a logarithmic scale at the x-axis.

@ Lex Dante:

Werner

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Lex Dante wrote:

I have here a graph where grid line are not symmetrical. Are this possible to create  using Mathcad prime  ?

Yes, its possible!

Regards

Werner

ldante
11-Garnet
(To:Werner_E)

Sorry for my late reply. Log grid are not  a simple as I am thinking . It is very interesting to know about this , and I accept that I am  still have a long road to step on to understand all this things.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Lex Dante wrote:

Sorry for my late reply. Log grid are not  a simple as I am thinking . It is very interesting to know about this , and I accept that I am  still have a long road to step on to understand all this things.

It should not be necessary to write ones own routines just to get a grid. It should be a one click plot option and in fact it is in most plot programs and also in Mathcad 15.

Primes plot capabilities unfortunately are ... lets say suboptimal, to keep this post polite.

ldante
11-Garnet

Good day ..

I have another graph where the vertical axis started from negative (-1.8) down to (+1.2) . is this also needs a special command to reverse the vertical graph as shown in the picture?

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Lex Dante wrote:

Good day ..

I have another graph where the vertical axis started from negative (-1.8) down to (+1.2) . is this also needs a special command to reverse the vertical graph as shown in the picture?

Unfortunately Prime is very limited when it comes to plotting. Unlike in Mathcad 15 (and below) we cannot reverse the axis in Prime. There is no special command or option available to do so.

WE

Top Tags