cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

help regarding plot

ssam-2
1-Newbie

help regarding plot

Dear PTC experts, i would like to ask your invaluable pertinent to the attached file. In this problem, i am evaluating Zpq for a frequency (f:=2.45*10^9), the value of Zpq turns out to be complex and i have seperated the real and imaginary parts. I would further like to evaluate Zpq for a frequency range i.e., from 2.2*10^9-2.6*10^9 with step size of 0.5*10^9. Moreover, i would like to plot Zpq against the mentioned frequency range. Any help in this regard would be highly appreciated. Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:ssam-2)

Your desired step (0.5GHz) is already larger than the span (2.2  to 2.6 GHz), I assume you meant to have a step of 0.05 GHz.

Anyway. What you have to do is:

1. Define Zpq as a function of omega.

2. Define omega as a range, and then request evaluation of Zpq(omega) to get a table

3. Insert an XY plot and enter omega as the x-axis varable, and Re(Zpq(omega)) {and Im(Zpq(omega))} as the y-axis variable{s}.

See attached.

Success!
Luc

PS. I'm not a 'PTC expert'. There's little I know of the company, and I don't think it is beneficial to share my ideas about that company.

I will settle for 'Mathcad expert' though.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Your desired step (0.5GHz) is already larger than the span (2.2  to 2.6 GHz), I assume you meant to have a step of 0.05 GHz.

Anyway. What you have to do is:

1. Define Zpq as a function of omega.

2. Define omega as a range, and then request evaluation of Zpq(omega) to get a table

3. Insert an XY plot and enter omega as the x-axis varable, and Re(Zpq(omega)) {and Im(Zpq(omega))} as the y-axis variable{s}.

See attached.

Success!
Luc

PS. I'm not a 'PTC expert'. There's little I know of the company, and I don't think it is beneficial to share my ideas about that company.

I will settle for 'Mathcad expert' though.

Dear LucMeekes,

I am deeply grateful for your kind help and yes out of desperation to reach out for help, i mentioned PTC expert than Mathcad expert. Also, inadvertently, i mentioned the wrong step size, thank you for correcting, it is indeed a step size of 0.05 GHz. I cannot open the attached file because i am using the version PTC Mathcad prime 3.0. May i know which version is required to open the attached file? Thank you very much for your time and effort.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

It's version 3.1. In its (in?)finite wisdom PTC has decided that Prime 3 cannot open Prime 3.1 files.

Apparently you're using a full version of Prime 3. I'm using an express version of Prime 3.1 which you could also install, but I'm afraid it might render your Prime 3 lost. So I would advise agfainst trying that.

So I'll show you in pictures what I've done, so you can rebuild it in Prime 3.0.

Her goes:

Add (omega) to definition and all evaluations of Zpq.

Note that I get errors for the Re() and Im() functions because Prime Express considers them 'advanced' functions, too good to freely give away.

And here's the definition of omega as a range.

The definition of a range is: <first value>,<second value>..<end value>

You enter it as e.g. 2.2,2.25;2.6 to get 2.2, 2.25..2.6, then add the other multiplications to it.

Again I get an error message, due to the use of the Re() function.

This is my plot of the absolute values (vector length) of the complex numbers:

Success!

Luc.

If you do run in trouble trying to duplicate the above, don't hesitate to post your file.

I (and many more frequenters of this forum) can open it.

Dear Luc Meekes,

Thank you very much for the kind help. It solved my problem, with your detailed guidance, I was able to duplicate it perfectly.

Good day shabby sam

I am glad you were able to find a solution!

Would you please mark Luc's answer correct as it make the information easier for others to find.

Thank you!

Toby

Top Tags