cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

help with derivatives

ptc-6003859
1-Newbie

help with derivatives

I am new to mathcad and i dont know how use mathcad so can u tell how i can see the derivatives of af function r(t): e^t+(2/9)'e^2*t , t = ln 3 idont understand all the differential equation feature with adams, BDF , Jacob and so on pls help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Like so?

drdt.PNG

Above done in MC15. You will need to choose these operators from the Ribbon if you are using Prime.

Adams, BDF, etc. are for use in solving ordinary differential equations (i.e. when you only have dr/dt, but want r).

Alan

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Like so?

drdt.PNG

Above done in MC15. You will need to choose these operators from the Ribbon if you are using Prime.

Adams, BDF, etc. are for use in solving ordinary differential equations (i.e. when you only have dr/dt, but want r).

Alan

ok i get the idea but my problem is that my function is like e^t i+(2/9)'e^2*t j how do i get the derivative and at the same time ignoring the i and the j i (the promblem is that i have vector valued fucktion where i need to find acceleration and velocity . i would like to use mathcad so i can show that i take take i and j in my consideration. sry for my bad english and ty for the first answer

Not really sure what you exactly need.

Guess its time for you to attach your sheet.

As I understand it you have a vector t and the function you describe is dependent on two indices i, j (f(i,j):=...)?

i would if i could idont know how to attach my sheet and idont how to screenshot it so i can insert the image, like the first guy did in his reply.

Chose "Use advanced editor" at the upper right to get the option to attach files at the end of the post.

To insert pics you have to click at the appropriate icon at the top row (there is one for inserting images to the right of the icon for the numbered items).

But providing a sheet usually is the better option.

nvm i have figured it out thank you very much

Top Tags