cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

hey PTC Creo Marketing guys...how about a creo or windchill developer blogger?

bcavanaugh
1-Newbie

hey PTC Creo Marketing guys...how about a creo or windchill developer blogger?

It would be quite interesting to read posts and musings from creo / proe / windchill / cocreate developers or technical people...right now I see only a mathcad blog...? I would think this should be part of the marketing campaign for CAD and PLM products, etc.?

3 REPLIES 3

Hey Barry, check out the blog site here creo.ptc.com. This has a section with exactly what you are looking for - in depth with the technical team working on this.

what I read is vague and could have been written by the marketing department (was it?)

for instance, who are the developers that are writing the code, trying to establish the "round-trip' of going from history->history free->back to history again. This is interesting stuff, and hard core pro/e and cocreate users would be interested in such topics. it would be interesting to learn the challenges they face and how then decide what to do. I don't expect proprietary info to be blogged, but...

maybe there are blogs like this and I am just not finding them...if they are out there, I would appreciate it if anyone wants to recommend them to me...

thanks

For the R&D entries, keep an eye on the "behind the scenes" part of creo.ptc.com for more interviews with the product managers. There are already some interviews up with Mike Campbell, overall Creo Product Management responsibility, & Brian Thompson, who is one of the key product managers on Elements/Pro, previously Pro/E. I'd encourage you to engage with them in these blogs.

We have 8-9 months to go for production shipment of Creo with a beta out in springtime so details on some of these core technologies will be released over time. The round-tripping challenge that you mentioned is a great question and I will bring it up to the R&D team - it is one key patented technologies based on the common data model that will be unique to Creo.

Top Tags