cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

hi guys, i got a problem with my mathcad sheet here. Anyone able to solve it?

jzy
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

hi guys, i got a problem with my mathcad sheet here. Anyone able to solve it?

attached is my mathcad graph and equations. Why does my guess value change the maximize value?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I
(To:jzy)

As Werner said, functions, not vectors

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I

Your function f does not change with beta.  So when you define a guess beta that's what returns.

Thanks for the swift reply fred. How do i go about doing this? I thought I already made f change with beta as I made beta a range variable?

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Using the range ß you created the vector FSL2, whose values correspond with the index, which is supposed to be an angle in degree.

You already got the maximum value of FSL2 and obviously you are searching for the appropriate index/angle. You could get it using match(FmaxSL2, FSL2)=... or  Match(FmaxSL2, FSL2,"near")=...

But the approach you have chosen is very limited and undesirable.

The function f you created simply looks up the appropriate value in the vector and returns it. That kind of discrete function is not suitable for a numerical algorithm used in maximize, which changes the argument in small increments to see which direction to go further.

You should get rid of your range ß and turn all your a,b,c, HLR, etc. into true functions of ß. Like a(ß):=cos(ß)*COG, etc. Don't use deg in the function definition - let Mathcad handle the units.

If you have troubles doing so, come back here and ask, but you should attach your worksheet rather than a picture, so we can help in a better way than just describing what you have to do.

WE

Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I

As Werner said, functions, not vectors

hi fred, what does bg in the mathcad mean?

Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I

bg is the guess variable for the solve block. You used beta, I used bg to differentiate. Let's me give a name to the answer of the solve block

Top Tags