cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

how to breakup an equation that won't fit horizontaly in a page?

Peter*
1-Newbie

how to breakup an equation that won't fit horizontaly in a page?

Hi,

I have a large equation that won't fit horizontaly in a page. [Ctrl][Enter] breaks up an equation, with + between the sections. However my equation has multiplication operators between the sections. How do I break up an equation with multiplication operators between the sections?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:Peter*)

I have a large equation that won't fit horizontaly in a page. [Ctrl][Enter] breaks up an equation, with + between the sections. However my equation has multiplication operators between the sections. How do I break up an equation with multiplication operators between the sections?

Unfortunately Mathcad 15 doesn't have this capability.

Can you post the equation as there might be a way around the issue.

Mike

Mike,

Thanks for your answer to my question. The equation is in the attached Mathcad 15 file.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Thanks for your answer to my question. The equation is in the attached Mathcad 15 file.

In this case I think the only option is to reduce the variable and constant font size, see attached.

Mike

OK Mike, thanks for your help.

Alternatively, you could break up the RHS into two parameters, say A and B, and then set deltaV = A.B

Alan

I must add that I think PTC should look at implementing line brakes for operators, not just addition.

Mike

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

You can also change the boundaries of the worksheet (change field) "File" -> "Page Setup":

Page_Setup.jpg

Top Tags