cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

how to transfer Mathcad license from one PC to another?

Peter*
1-Newbie

how to transfer Mathcad license from one PC to another?

Hi,

I am running Mathcad 15 student edition on a Windows XP PC. I will be selling this PC in Canada, moving to England, buying a new PC which will run Windows 7 and installing Mathcad on the new PC. What are the steps I need to take to transfer the Mathcad license?

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
mzeftel
1-Newbie
(To:Peter*)

Peter,

You can transfer your license on our website, at http://www.ptc.com/support/mathcad_supportCenter.htm, when you have your new machine.

Good luck with your move!

Mona

Peter*
1-Newbie
(To:mzeftel)

Mona,

At the link you provided there are 5 options. The Check your Account Level seemed to be the most relavent. I clicked on it, logged in and found a place to leave a message for the "License Webmaster" and left a message there. Was this the right thing to do?

Thanks

Peter

Peter*
1-Newbie
(To:mzeftel)

Mona,

I see now I made a mistake. There are actualy 6 options at the link you provided. The 6th one is "Next" and is the one I should have selected. Thanks for your help.

Peter

PS: Is there anything I need to do on my present PC before I sell it, in order to transfer the license?

That is not true. I tried and without a maintenance support it is not possible.

VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:Peter*)

Hello!

To transfer the license to another computer you need to use the option "Reconfigure Software Licenses" (move Service Contract Numbers (SCN) to different machines, consolidate licenses to single server from triad or break triad into single server): http://www.ptc.com/appserver/lm/rsl/reconfig.jsp

I have Mathcad 13 on an old machine and I would like to move its license to a newer machine

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:JohnGreen)

Ah, the latest version of Mathcad to use Maple as symbolic machine. Sure you want to hold on to that as long as possible!

Alas, here (https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad-Questions/Mathcad-Prime-5-0-some-new-updates/td-p/489619/page/2 search for "And here it is") you can read that there is no more support for Mathcad 13. So the chances of moving a license are low. But you can always try PTC support....

Success!
Luc

I have Prime 6 on my old PC and want to transfer the licence. I am quite happy with Prime 6 as my use of this software is limited. To upgrade to Prime 7 will be a waste of money as I do not use it often other than established calculations that will not change.

But alas, I was emailed the licence but it did not work. I requested a new email only to learn that the email address is no longer monitored...........

Can anyone please advise me how to transfer this licence and software to my new machine.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:CV_2147373)

Check here.

I assume you have the installation source to install Prime6 on the new computer.

Once installed, try this  on your new PC.

If that fails, contact PTC support to have them help you transfer Prime6.

Success!
Luc

is there a way to transfer software from one pc to another, both systems run win7. I do not have the original install disks, and the vendor is no longer around to help.

thanks for any help

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:KA_9977413)

Depends on the software.

What software are you dealing with?

Luc

Top Tags