cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

how to write/solve Partial derivative and Indefinite&Definite integrals

MK_10088604
1-Newbie

how to write/solve Partial derivative and Indefinite&Definite integrals

Hello, everyone.

My questions are very basic, but I need some help when I first encounter Mathcad.

My questions are how to solve Partial derivatives and Indefinite&Definite integrals in Mathcad.

I searched that through google, youtube etc. But I failed to solve.

In most cases, I encountered an error called "MuPAD_unresponsive" and "This variable is not defined. Please make sure the label is set correctly.". I don't know why these error occurred.

So, I would appreciate it if someone could let me know about the above.

If you have instructions on how to use these as well as the overall tool, could you show it to me? 
And if possible,,,, could you make me a simple example file? 

3 REPLIES 3

Let us see what you are trying to achieve by adding a worksheet with the erroneous regions.
Don't forget t mention which version of Mathcad or Prime you are using.

Given that you mention MuPad and labels in your error messages, I guess its Prime and version 6 or below.

On contrary to real Mathcad (version 15 and below) Prime has no special symbol for partial derivatives, you have to use the normal derivation symbol.

Indefinite integrals can only be evaluated symbolically.

Example file in Prime 4 format attached

Werner_E_0-1634934365583.png

@MK_10088604 wrote:

In most cases, I encountered an error called "MuPAD_unresponsive" and "This variable is not defined. Please make sure the label is set correctly.". I don't know why these error occurred.

If you're getting MuPAD errors, I'm guessing you're not using the latest version of Mathcad.  What version are you using?

I searched that through google, youtube etc. But I failed to solve. 

I'm not too surprised.  Until recently, Mathcad has had a poor web presence.  It's been a lot better since PTC released Prime 7, though. 

If you have instructions on how to use these as well as the overall tool, could you show it to me? 
And if possible,,,, could you make me a simple example file? 

Your version of Mathcad should come with help on symbolics, including examples.

As Vladimir says, it will help us help you if you post a worksheet containing what you've tried so far.  It may be, for example, that those error messages are signs of an installation problem rather than with what you're doing.

Cheers,

Stuart 

Top Tags