cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

i could not open my .xmcd files

ptc-5123351
1-Newbie

i could not open my .xmcd files

Hi, I have 30-days Mathcad Express Prime 2.0 . I have to open my .xmcd files but i could not because there is not active the Converter XMCD, MCD. Please help me.. Thanks...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Here you are.

Be prepared that conversion usually is not perfect and often requires some post-editing.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

Ridiculous as it may sound, but to convert files to Prime format, PTC forces you to install a full Mathcad 15 (latest release) on your system. You will have to download and install a 30-days trial of Mathcad 15, too.

Be prepared that (I guess) you will lose the ability to convert files after the trial period, as MC15 will refuse to load after that time in contrary to Prime, which falls back to a crippled version called Express.

If you have a licensed MC14 or an older release of MC15 installed on your system, save your license file, as the installation of MC15 will remove your installed MC.

If you don't have too many files to convert, you may consider posting them here and I'm sure someone will convert them for you.

Hallo everyone,

I have exactly the same problem using Mathcad Prime 3.0 .
Could anybody please convert my files into ".mcdx" ?
Thanks a loooot in advance!

Josias

Thanks for suggestion... Is there anyone who can convert these files? Thanks for your attention!

Here you are.

Be prepared that conversion usually is not perfect and often requires some post-editing.

Thank you

Hello Werner

Can you convert this file too.

Her you are

@ ALL

You may download the trial version of Mathcad 15 and install it (parallel with Prime). This will enable you to do the conversions yourself.

If you have a license for Prime its also valid for Mathcad.

If you are using Prime Express, Mathcad 15 will run at least for 1 month and enable you to do the conversions during that time.

I have the same problem using Prime 3.0

Could someone please convert this file for me?

Thanks in advance!!!

Here is what the converter did with your file as well as a pdf of how it should look.

Any good reason for using Prime?

Werner Exinger wrote:

... Any good reason for using Prime? ...

You can use Prime Express without restrictions of time.

VladimirN. wrote:

Werner Exinger wrote:

... Any good reason for using Prime? ...

You can use Prime Express without restrictions of time.

Yes, Express is free, but in this case it seems to be rather useless. Look at the converted sheet. So even if something is free it doesn't necessarily mean that its reasonable to use it 😉

I indeed was hoping to use it in Express after my trial period

Any recommendations on what I should use instead?

Thanks Werner and Vladimir!

Prime Express sure can be used for more basic needs and in case of the sheet I converted I guess it can be made to run in Prime, too. The MC15 sheet itself seems to be erraneous or at least unnecessary complicated in some respects. The creator seemed not to be aware that Mathcad's index count starts at 0 by default and e.g. I don't think that Vin really is meant to be a nested vector of vectors. But I didn't looked at the sheet in more detail. I guess that streamlining the sheet in MC15 could make it work in Prime, too.

Anneleen Vuchelen wrote:

I indeed was hoping to use it in Express after my trial period

Any recommendations on what I should use instead?

Thats hard to say and really depends upon your needs. Don't know if you would apply for an academic version of Mathcad.

If it has to be a free program you have a very limited choice. Prime Express, SMath Studio, Maxima come to mind, but none would provide the full power of Mathcad 15 (not even the full version of Prime, but thats another sad story).

Not i but I

Valery Ochkov wrote:

Not i but I

Huh!?

This is a Mathcad forum. Math typos should be pounced upon. English ones, not.

Top Tags