cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

insert percentage on table

ptc-4499387
1-Newbie

insert percentage on table

Hello all,

Could you please tell me how do you insert (or make the program recognize) % in the Table unit placeholder on Prime 2.0 ? Thank you

Regards,

Lawrence

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

One, somewhat cumbersome, way below:

percent.PNG

There is probably a simpler way, but I can't see it!

Alan

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

One, somewhat cumbersome, way below:

percent.PNG

There is probably a simpler way, but I can't see it!

Alan

Try just typing "1%". That seems to give B= as the actual numbers (eg, 0.01, 0.5, 0.12), or at least it does in my Mathcad Prime 2 Express and Mathcad Prime 1. (your method doesn't seem to work on either of my Primes, so I'm probably doing something wrong ... you could try "_:=0.01 with your version?)

Stuart

Maybe something like the attached?

Norm

StuartBruff wrote:

... y Mathcad Prime 2 Express and Mathcad Prime 1. (your method doesn't seem to work on either of my Primes, so I'm probably doing something wrong ...

Stuart

That's rather odd as I thought Prime 2 Express was exactly Prime 2 (for 30 days at least)!

Alan

AlanStevens wrote:

StuartBruff wrote:

... y Mathcad Prime 2 Express and Mathcad Prime 1. (your method doesn't seem to work on either of my Primes, so I'm probably doing something wrong ...

Stuart

That's rather odd as I thought Prime 2 Express was exactly Prime 2 (for 30 days at least)!

Alan

One's 30 days are compressed into 0 picoseconds if one has previously run Prime 2 on a trial basis. 😞

I suspect it's more a case of me doing something silly, as even when I defined a proper variable name to have a value, the table(s) didn't like it and complained in red.

Stuart

Stuart,

It's not working for you, because you didn't label "_" as a unit. Try it again.

Alan,

Take a look at What is Mathcad Express?

We're releasing it with Mathcad Prime 2.0 M010, which is scheduled to release in October.

Best regards,

Mona

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:mzeftel)

Mona Zeftel wrote:

Stuart,

It's not working for you, because you didn't label "_" as a unit. Try it again.

Alan,

Take a look at What is Mathcad Express?

We're releasing it with Mathcad Prime 2.0 M010, which is scheduled to release in October.

Best regards,

Mona

Ah hah! I did label "_" and "a" as units and they still wouldn't work.

However, I shall try it again as you have surely invoked well-documented the "Well, that's strange. It did / didn't work last time I did it!!!!" effect.

Stuart

You can copy this "units" from the attached sheet:

Primile.png

PS

I know that PTC would like to go back to the old (Mathcad 15) tools of the working with %

Top Tags