cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

installing the resource center

ptc-1378005
1-Newbie

installing the resource center

I just downloaded MathCAD version 14. It is now installed but when I try to to to the tutorials, I get a message that "The path to your resource center C:\contents\qsheet.hbk, is incorrect. Run the installation of the resource center and Help to correct this problem". What do I do now? I can't find a solution on the MathCAD web site. Ralph Bennett
13 REPLIES 13

Did you do a custom install and not install the Resource Center and Help? Go back to the install, and make sure they are both installed. Also look in the folder Mathcad 14/resource center/en/qsheet and make sure it exists. If not, reinstall or make sure you downloaded the full product. Mona

I have the same problem.

1) I do not have the option of doing a custom installation. The CD only gives me the option if installing MathCAD 14 or not installing - after that it only ever asks me where I want to put it.

2) Un-installing then re-installing makes no difference - the qsheet sub-directory still does not get created - all the other sub-directories do!

3) Where do I find the Resource Center and Help installation files? Are they the same as the help setup files on the CD?

Which version of 14 do you have?

MathCAD 14 M020

Node Locked license

That shold be OK. Are you actually installing from a CD, or from an image of the CD somewhere on your hard drive?

Hi,

Yes, I'm installing from a CD. The darn thing is that we have three node locked licenses and one of the other installations (onto an indentical Vista PC) went perfectly!

Simon.

The resource center files should be on a directory image on the CD. You can usually copy all the required files and place them the correct folders, and the edit the registry to point to the correct location of qsheet.hbk

Simon,

Try this:

Problem: Trying to open the Help, Tutorials, or Quicksheets yields an error message ?Cannot open file C:\contents\...?

Cause: The installer package that was used to install your copy of Mathcad did not include a script to copy the documentation into the Mathcad install directory.

Solution:

1. Place the Mathcad CD in your CD-ROM drive, or navigate to the network share that has a copy of the Mathcad installation CD-ROM.
  2. Copy the contents of the [cdroot]\Mathcad\mcdoc folder into the Mathcad install directory on your workstation
  3. Copy the contents of the [cdroot]\Mathcad\mcdoc_ent folder into the Mathcad install directory on your workstation

If you have a node-locked license, you can contact technical support if this doesn't work.

Regards,

Mona

Thanks Mona.

I tried that and it worked.

S.

Mona:

I am having the same issue as Simon, and I also have a node locked license.

My Mathcad 14 CD contains version M020_En. Unfortunately, the only file I can see on this disk is Mathcad_14_M020_EN.exe.

I can't see any subdirectories.

In doing a search of my hard drive, I did discover the Resource Installer under a hidden temporay directory:

C:\Users\....\AppData\Local\Temp\{9C0BDC78-B6EB-4F35-B37C-569AC77933FC}

Mathcad 14.0 M020 Resource Center.msi

Running the above resource installer now generates the following error when selecting the help button:

"Unable to open C:\Program Files (x86) \Mathcad \ Mathcad 14\doc\help_en\help\mcad.htm"

Can you provide any assistance.

Thanks.

Anthony,

I searched through the technical support knowledge base. There are several things that could be an issue, so I suggest you contact technical support directly. You can log the issue at https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/case/case_logger.jsp

I'm not in technical support myself, so I'm not positive what to tell you to check.

Write back if you still need assistance,

Mona

Thanks Mona.

I purchased M14.0 a couple of years ago because of price (something like $99) . However, as I was satisfied with 13.0, I didn't bother to install the 14.0 upgrade until my old laptop died last month. I am not certain that I still qualify for support, but I will slog through things and see what I find.

Tony

If you have 14, make sure you have installed the latest version.

Mike

Top Tags