cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

license on new pc

ptc-4718602
1-Newbie

license on new pc

I've installed mathcad on a new computer, and now i need the license. how do i get a license for mathcad through my account ?

5 REPLIES 5
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-4718602)

To transfer the license to another computer you need to use the option "Reconfigure Software Licenses" (move Service Contract Numbers (SCN) to different machines, consolidate licenses to single server from triad or break triad into single server): http://www.ptc.com/appserver/lm/rsl/reconfig.jsp

Mike Armstrong wrote:

To transfer the license to another computer you need to use the option "Reconfigure Software Licenses" (move Service Contract Numbers (SCN) to different machines, consolidate licenses to single server from triad or break triad into single server): http://www.ptc.com/appserver/lm/rsl/reconfig.jsp

His profile says "student" and I guess if he has got an academic license from his school/university all he hes got is a product number for a onetime installation or he may have bought a one year academic license. I guess he doesn't have access to any SCN or SON so it seems to me that he has to contact PTC support.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:Werner_E)

Werner Exinger wrote:

I guess he doesn't have access to any SCN or SON so it seems to me that he has to contact PTC support.

Or get the license administrator to go through the process.

I would never thought about looking at his profile,however, his profile might not be up to date, so we probably need additional information regarding his license.

Or get the license administrator to go through the process.

No, I think thats not possible for student edu licenses - they won't show up in the PTC online license management software.

I agree that we need more information from Claus.

Top Tags