cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

mathcad 13 installation on Windows 8

mark_neil2
1-Newbie

mathcad 13 installation on Windows 8

Hi,

I have Mathcad 13.1 that I used to use with Windows XP. Now my computer has windows 8 and I want to install MC13 onto it. I tried it but it doesn't properly install on Windows 8. Is it possible to install MC13 onto Windows 8?

Thanks.

Mark.

9 REPLIES 9
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:mark_neil2)

You write "Now my computer has windows 8"... Is it the same computer with a newly installed Win8 or is it a new computer, that came with Win8 ?

I'm asking because there is an upgrade path from winXP (32 bit only!) via Vista to Win7 (all 32) and Mathcad 11 would migrate along that path. I'd guess it would go on to Win8 (32 bit, although I don't know if that exists at all).

Luc

Hi Luc. It is a new computer that came with Windows 8. I had purchased MC13 a while back. I just want to install MC13 on my new computer with Windows 8.

Mark.

mark neil wrote:

Hi,

I have Mathcad 13.1 that I used to use with Windows XP. Now my computer has windows 8 and I want to install MC13 onto it. I tried it but it doesn't properly install on Windows 8. Is it possible to install MC13 onto Windows 8?

I have no experience with MC13 on Win8, but it may probably help if you explain in more detail what "doesn't properly install" means.

After installation, when I run it, it display an error message of "Unable to create 12.0 engine factory".

Mark.

Try the following:

1. For 64-bit. Start a command prompt as administrator and run (cmd): C:\Program Files (x86)\Mathcad\Mathcad 15\Mathcad.exe /register

2. For 32-bit: C:\Program Files\Mathcad\Mathcad 15\Mathcad.exe /register

Vladimir,

The directories in your message refer to mathcad 15 folder. Did you mean mathcad 13? I am trying to install MC13, not MC15.

Mark.

During the installation, a black command window pops up momentarily and I see several error messages in the window. However, it disappears quickly so I don't see what those error messages are about.

Mark.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:mark_neil2)

Hi Mark,

That's far better performance than Mathcad 11 on Windows 7/64 bit...

Are you sure that all prerequisites for running Mathcad 13 are installed on your system?

I remmenber some XML component, with a specific version, must be installed for MathCad 11.

I assume for 13 it's similar. Check the manual for the prerequisites, download them and install them.

Then try again.

Success!
Luc

Yes, I mean Mathcad 13.

Top Tags