cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

mathcad 15 license transfer

cwalton-2
1-Newbie

mathcad 15 license transfer

can anyone help? i want to transfer my mathcad 15 license to another computer, however when i use the license transfer function/reconfigure tool the mathcad 15 doesn't show up in the license report and isn't listed as an option to transfer (only my Prime Licenses). is there any other way to transfer the license to another machine?

10 REPLIES 10
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:cwalton-2)

Your Prime license = your Mathcad 15 license. (You're licensed to Mathcad 15 because you're licensed to Prime).

But I could imagine they must both be on the same machine.

Luc

Hi,

does this mean that you have n licenses of Mathcad Prime and another 1 license of Mathcad 15 ?

Did you buy Mathcad 15 at PTC ?

If you pay maintenance for Mathcad Prime then you can open Case at PTC Support and ask them to transfer Mathcad 15 license.

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi Guys

Correct i have 4 Prime 2.0 licenses and one Mathcad 15.

I'm not sure where it was purchased from but it was purchased in 2012 i believe.

the other problem is that the maintenance contract for the other licenses expired so when i phoned up to try and get some assistance they weren't interested.

regarding Luc's comment, if i have these Prime Licenses then should that automatically entitle me to install the Mathcad 15 on the same 4 machines?

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:cwalton-2)

As far as I know, it should.

But I'm not experienced. I've never thrown money in the Prime money-pit, and as it stands it'll be long before I do.

Sucess!
Luc

Should work, but only with earlier versions of Mathcad 15.

Did you use "Reconfigure Software Licenses" option from a PTC's site? Link: http://www.ptc.com/appserver/lm/rsl/reconfig.jsp

have been looking in to it further and seems i should be able to use mathcad 15 on any of the machines that are currently running Prime 2.0........however it appears the problem is a flexnet server error.

aaa.jpg

Any of you come across this before? any ideas other than renew my maintenance contract and ask Tech support?

thanks

Do you really have a license server running locally on the very machine you are going to work with Mathcad?

Otherwise you should check your settings.

You may also set the environment variable LM_LICENSE_FILE like

set LM_LICENSE_FILE=7788@flexlm_server1.mycompany.com;7788@flexlm_server2.mycompany.com

to point Mathcad or Prime to the license server(s) you are using.

If you click yes at the message you get the license setup should come up, to give you the opportunity to tell it to use an existing license and then point it to the license file or the correct license server.

i have tried to use the option to point it to the license file but then i cant find the file to direct it to. do you know what the file path to the license file would usually be for Prime 2.0?

Hi,

just FYI ... if you need to install license manager, use information available in Re: Mathcad Prime 3.0 CU license issue discussion.

MH

Martin Hanák

If you have a float license you have to set up a license server.

For single user licenses usually the file name is "license.dat". I am not sure where Prime2 would store that file per default - you would have to search for it.

Top Tags