cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

mathcad 15 vs 14

Maz
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

mathcad 15 vs 14

Good evening everyone,

If I write my programme in mathcad 15 it is possible for my lecturer to open it with mathcad 14 right?

I'm guessing the answering is yes since you can save it as mathcad 13 and under, but mathcad 14 isn't on the list. I just wanted to make sure.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:Maz)

Yes, you can open worksheets created in Mathcad 15 with Mathcad 14.

Mike

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:Maz)

Yes, you can open worksheets created in Mathcad 15 with Mathcad 14.

Mike

Hi,

can you please give me a hint how this works? I fail to open v15 sheets in v14 - also if they are converted to v13 first.

Is there a special procedure to follow?

Mathias

Mathias,

There is no schema change between Mathcad 14 and Mathcad 15, because the new functions and features added for Mathcad 15 did not require changing the schema. That means that you should be able to open Mathcad 15 files directly in Mathcad 14. The only thing that will change to images are the new features in Mathcad 15.

I no longer have Mathcad 14 on my system, since the two versions cannot coexist. Perhaps you can post the worksheet that won't open in Mathcad 14, and someone can check it for you.

Mona

Hi,

must be something wrong with my installation. When I double-click the file to open it, open operation fails. When I open MATHCAD manually and drag and drop the file into the work space - guess what - it works!

Mathias

PhilipOakley
5-Regular Member
(To:MathiasGiger)

Sounds like you have either:

1. An associations problem, such that when you double click, Windows sends the wrongly formatted commands to its other half. These are hidden in the Windows explorer, unter the Toools menu, then Folder Options..., after which ytou select the file types tab, and scroll down to the appropriate extension (the .mcd doen't get changed to point to the new V14/15...). The handbook .hbk doesn't either. You need to edit the command options .. enjoy..

or

2. You have mathcad V11 arleady opened somewhere (may even be a hidden process), in which case, Windows tries to send your file to the current "mathcad" and so V11 (being in process and current) will reject the new file types. if so you need V11 to be closed before launching a newer file.

or 3. something else.

4. or I've made a mistake somewher above 😉

Philip

Try re-registering Mathcad. In your Mathcad 15 folder, C:\Program Files (x86)\Mathcad\Mathcad 15, double-click on mcregister.exe.

I no longer have Mathcad 14 installed, but it may have the same executable.

Mona

Top Tags