cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

mathcad 3.0 - how do I get it?

mdewolff-2
2-Guest

mathcad 3.0 - how do I get it?

Hello,

I've been using a 30 day trial version of Mathcad 3.1 at school. After this trial version expired I bought a license code from our teacher. He bought a bunch of licences wholesale I guess back when 3.0 was still the bomb. The code I got consists of 14 positions, then 2 blocks of 4 positions. So it looks like this: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx

I can't figure out where to download the older version 3.0. Could I use the above code for 3.1 as well?

Thanks

maurits

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Maurits,

You can try the following to:

1. Submit an academic support request, here: http://support.ptc.com/appserver/support/academic_case_logger/academic_case_logger.jsp

2. Use the Mathcad support wizard: Mathcad Support Center

3. Post your issue in "PTC Academic Support" forum: Academic Support

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:mdewolff-2)

That code will not work for 3.1. And if your teacher is using 3.0, you don't want 3.1 anyway. Version 3.1 cannot save to version 3.0 file format (amazing, but true!) and 3.0 cannot read 3.1 file format, so you would have no way of sharing one of your worksheets with your teacher. Ask your teacher if they have the installer available. If not, post back here.

There is no installer involved. Indeed I learned that no version is compatible with another version.

At introduction to Mathcad students were instructed to go online and download 3.0 (not 3.1!). Most likely because of the licence they are intended to sell to students after the trial period is over. Basically what you do then is revalidating your trial version.

I didn't heed those instructions very strictly at the time and somehow I downloaded 3.1. I'm following an adult-parttime bachelors program in civil engineering but I've heard of no fellow students having these problems with their licence code. They all must have started out with 3.0.

What can I do?

Thanks, maurits

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:mdewolff-2)

I just sent you a PM

Well, link seems to have worked out well. I now have version 3.0 installed and succesfully entered my licence code. From within the program it says under options that my licence status is: valid. And it's also showing the path on my C-disk to the file licence.1.dat

Around that time I got a licence file sent through email saying I need to store tis file on my C-disk. But I should not open it. I suppose this licence is the same as licence.1.dat on my hard disk. So I will leave it there.

First time in my life a software company sends a confirmation file through mail.

Thanks for helping out, maurits

Hi Maurits,

You can try the following to:

1. Submit an academic support request, here: http://support.ptc.com/appserver/support/academic_case_logger/academic_case_logger.jsp

2. Use the Mathcad support wizard: Mathcad Support Center

3. Post your issue in "PTC Academic Support" forum: Academic Support

I went with option 2. I have an official case number now.

By the way there is no responding to questions posted in Academic Support (option 3).

Thanks, maurits

Top Tags