Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

method PEACEMAN - RACHFORD ADI for solving partial

method PEACEMAN - RACHFORD ADI for solving partial

Does anyone know the method PEACEMAN - RACHFORD ADI for solving partial differential equation type II?? can anyone send me some informations about this method?
6 REPLIES 6

Re: method PEACEMAN - RACHFORD ADI for solving partial

Hi,

Something about what you are after:

ADI_0.jpg

ADI_1.jpg

ADI_2.jpg

ADI_3.jpg

Hmm, the question is nearly 10 years old.

Hopefully cipi20052000-di followed Stuarts advice (https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad-Questions/solving-partial-differential-equation-type-II/m-p...) and got the information needed from a good book.

Guess its far easier to learn from a book than to extract the information from huge giant pics posted here.

Hi Werner,

I do not agree. I think that if the applicant, ten years ago, was looking for a book, he would not have turned to the community, but would have gone straight to a good bookshop, he would have the book of his taste. Even more today with the huge sale of books that is online could find the text to is liking. For this reason, I think he was looking for a worksheet on the subject or something that would incite him to deal with the subject with mathcad.

@-MFra- wrote:

Hi Werner,

I do not agree. I think that if the applicant, ten years ago, was looking for a book, he would not have turned to the community, but would have gone straight to a good bookshop, he would have the book of his taste. Even more today with the huge sale of books that is online could find the text to is liking. For this reason, I think he was looking for a worksheet on the subject or something that would incite him to deal with the subject with mathcad.

I tend to disagree as the question was very generic and not Mathcad related -> "Does anyone know the method PEACEMAN - RACHFORD ADI for solving partial differential equation type II?? can anyone send me some informations about this method? "

But I guess that after 10 years that does not matter anyway.

Concerning "I think he was looking for a worksheet" - you are not posting worksheets - most of the times you are just posting a myriad of giant, huge pictures taken from worksheets. Thats a big difference,  I think.

You have sure put a lot of work, brain and time into the creation of those worksheets and I guess that most of them probably originated in the time of your active professional career. So I understand that it would take you a lot of willpower to simply pass those worksheets on and so you refuse doing so.  But I often doubt that those images fulfill their intended purpose as IMHO those picture are quite too hard to follow (compared to a hands on approach with a life worksheet or the study of chapter in a printed book).

Just my 2 cents, anyway.

Be that as it may, the images are normal to me and not so gigantic as you say. Rather, when inserting images, a panel appears different from the one in the past. Perhaps this is the cause of gigantism .... I do not know.

Yes, the new panel is far more uncomfortable than the one we got used to. On my notebook I have to move that panel up to have access to the "insert" button and when embedding a video this does not help but I have to zoom out to 80% to access that button. Ridiculous! The switch from Jive to lithium was a big step backwards and now things seem to get even worse.

But after you have inserted a picture and before you press the post button, you can resize the image with the mouse, if you like.

But I was not addressing the size of your pictures in general but rather the big scope of material, which you expect the questioner to read and anticipate just from the pictures. Thats not practical and because of the wealth of information the pics get very large and the thread long winded and confusing. Not a good place to learn and pull information from in my eyes.

In a thread discussion, the answer to a question usually is in the text portion - sometimes accompanied by a small picture to clarify one point or another. And as this is a Mathcad forum its quite usual to attach worksheets or pdf prints of them (in case of version conflicts).

Giving complete lectures using just a great number of big pictures is, to say it in a friendly way, a bit unusal and as I already stated I am not sure about the intended purpose.