cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

min function bug

ifomenko
15-Moonstone

min function bug

A very simple task to find min of each column of a matrix but something strange happening.

MatrixCol.min.GIF

5 REPLIES 5

I would call this a strange bug.

I have no idea why it would occur. All I can do is provide a simplified example and some observations in case you intend to bring this bug to PTCs attention (good luck).

The bug shows up if the matrix has more than 1 column and is seen in all columns which include at least one text entry.

A crude workaround could be to always call the routine with MatrixCol.min(stack(...)) instead of just MatrixCol.min(...).

Indeed a very strange bug.

B.png

BTW, don't put M <-- stack(M) as first line in your program as if you do it will fail in any case when text is involved.

Here's a better workaround.

Don't ask me why it works. Of course its still a bug.

B.png

ifomenko
15-Moonstone
(To:Werner_E)

Thank you for your time and efforts. I`ve created some min.str.f() function to work around this bug.

1. What service release of Mathcad are you using?

2. Please send your issue for PTC's technical support: https://support.ptc.com/apps/case_logger_viewer/auth/ssl/log

ifomenko
15-Moonstone
(To:VladimirN)

15 M045

Top Tags