cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

multiple licenses for side by side install

bsimpkins
6-Contributor

multiple licenses for side by side install

i have a permanent license for MC Prime 3.0 and temporary one for 4.0 and both versions of prime are installed.  when i locate and apply the temporary 4.0 license to prime 4.0, my 3.0 installation also takes this temporary license.  when i apply my 3.0 license in 3.0, it modifies the license applied to 4.0 rendering it unlicensed.  can i apply different license files to side by side versions of Prime??

2 REPLIES 2

I am not sure if this would work, but you could try your luck using the environment variable LM_LICENSE_FILE the value of which is a semicolon separated list of license servers. The local license file for P30 should be first and the license flex-server with the P4 license second. So P4 should first look at the P30 license which is not valid for P40 and so further looks at the license server.

cke
5-Regular Member
5-Regular Member
(To:bsimpkins)

Hello, Blake, I have logged a case on your behalf and one of our technical support engineer will be in contact ASAP.

Case Number: 13742747

Link to Case: https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/case.jsp?n=13742747

Top Tags