Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no data

no data

I am working on a GRR study which can have or not have data. A test could include 2 - 10 parts, 2 or 3 operators, and 2 or 3 trial runs. I want to set up a template to handle all situations withou having to rewrite the programs. However when the data is not present the programs crap out. Any ideas? I would really appreciate it
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted

no data

put in a default set of data suitable for demonstration of the features of the worksheet. Then just point the input data files to the real ones and proceed.
---------------------
Physics: Common Sense made Obscure by Mathematics Don Sparlin
Highlighted

no data

Mathcad does not provide any built in way to trap an error from an undefined variable, and bypass it. There is a workaround using a function based on a scripted component though. I wrote this in MC13, but I think it should work in MC11 too. I can't test it though, so if it doesn't, let me know.

Richard
Highlighted

no data

Thank You Richard,
Your solution works very well. Now that I see how you are doing it I can see other applications as well
Terry
Highlighted

no data

I don't generally like reopening old threads (they are hard to keep track of) but this thread was recently referenced, and I find I disagree with the solution. While Richard's solution is elegant, I think the underlying question is wrong. I much prefer a system that uses indexing rather than creating a number of parallel variables.

In the attached sheet you can just enable or disable that third table. Not other action is needed, such as making a matching selection from a list box.

BTW, where do those constants come from? Aren't there formulae for them? If they are based on some standard distributions, Mathcad may have the distribution available.

� � � � Tom Gutman
Highlighted

no data

Hi Richard,

Thanks for pointing me to this thread from the PTC forums and thank you for developing this code. Very clever.

I'm going ot have to go on a bit of a rant now:

I'm not sure how Mathsoft (or PTC or whoever owns MathCAD right now) expects users to take advantage of the Mathcad Automation API when there is no way to trap these kinds of errors. How is the user suppose to write a worksheet that can service a user using MathCAD and a user who wants to consume the worksheet in some other program using ActiveX without your function?

The automation API is very slow and is not that good. There is a lack of features in MathCAD the users want, yet all development seemed to have come to a screeching halt once PTC got involved. My company is about to drop MathCAD because there doesn't seem to be any thing coming in the future as far as performance increases and new features.

/rant
Highlighted

Re: no data

Hi Richard,

I know this is a long shot, since this post is 9 years old, but I was wondering if you have a screenshot of your method? I am not able to open .mcd files, just .mcdx

Highlighted

Tyler Hilgendorf wrote:

Hi Richard,

I know this is a long shot, since this post is 9 years old, but I was wondering if you have a screenshot of your method? I am not able to open .mcd files, just .mcdx

mcdx =Prime?

If so, Richard's method won't work as it uses a component. Prime doesn't have components, therefore ...

Stuart

What version of Prime have you got? If you've got a Maintenance contract, you should be able to get (or have) Mathcad 15, which will not only run .mcd files but also allows you to use the worksheet converter tool that will let you run the worksheet in Prime ( subject to Prime having the equivalent capability)

Highlighted

Ah, thanks for looking into that!

I just figured out how to use the try/on-error function, which was able to do what I needed it to

Highlighted

StuartBruff wrote:

Tyler Hilgendorf wrote:

Hi Richard,

mcdx =Prime? ..

Yes, Stuart.

Announcements