cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

non-linear ODE

PierreA.
1-Newbie

non-linear ODE

Hello,

I try to solve a highly non-linear 2nd order ODE, like the example enclosed, example I found on an old answer into the old FAQ.

As long as I just execute this file into Mathcad 14, no problem.

But when I want to modify it with my own conditions and limits, the whole file doesn't work again, the functions definitions and particularly the rkadapt appear in red with the comment "cannot be used here".

I also notice that the number of arguments of rkadapt is larger (2 more) than described in the help files...(?)

Are there a way into Mathcad to solve these kind of high non linear systems for a real job, not academic (when we do not know the solution before, and so cannot choose the "right" initial conditions) ?

Thanks for your help

Pierre

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

PierreA. wrote:

Hello,

I try to solve a highly non-linear 2nd order ODE, like the example enclosed, example I found on an old answer into the old FAQ.

But when I want to modify it with my own conditions and limits, the whole file doesn't work again, ...

Thanks for your help

Pierre

Sometimes, going backwards helps!! See attached.

Alan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

PierreA. wrote:

Hello,

But when I want to modify it with my own conditions and limits, the whole file doesn't work again, ...

Thanks for your help

Pierre

Sometimes, going backwards helps!! See attached.

Alan

Thank you for the trick Alan.

Top Tags