cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

not storing Mathcad 15 worksheets!!!

Efried
1-Newbie

not storing Mathcad 15 worksheets!!!

Hello,

I just avoided heavy losses by storing in Mathcad 12 format. Be aware that if you have to many points which you want to calculate and display mathcad runs out of memory when attempting to save the file. Also GSI+ errors may appear. So either you save only the file with limited number of points calculated before attempting to calculate more points or store the wrecked worksheet in Mathcad 12 format ignoring the warning.

It is really sad that you cannot caclulate a full year in a simulation with a step size of a second.

However it would be nice if PTC helps, so we don't risk to loose our worl and fixes this heavy bug!!!

best

Gerfried

6 REPLIES 6
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:Efried)

Can you provide a worksheet of the problem?

Mike

I would send a bug report if Mathcad would produce one!

Please update your service quality PTC!

VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:Efried)

Gerfried Cebrat wrote:

I would send a bug report...

Send it here: "Log a New Case".

Gerfried,

I am sorry you are having these problems. To be blunt, Mathcad 12 was not a great release. We introduced a new math engine, with an XML file format on the .NET platforom for the first time ... in one release. It was too ambitious.

I recommend going to a recent release as soon as possible. Mathcad 12 is 7-8 years behind the current release of Mathcad 15, which supports many new features , current Operating Systems from Windows support plus mememory management enhancements.bug fixes.

John

Dear John, it is Mathcad 15 which cerates the problem, and storing in Mathcad 12 format (without xml) helps to save the data! Please provide an update for Mathcad 15 so we do not loose our work anymore when Mathcad or the xml part hangs!

Hi Gerfried

Three points 1.) Mathcad 12 file format is XML by default

2.) Mathcad 15 has the ability to save Mathcad 11/12 MCD files (non-XML)

3.) In Mathcad 15 underTools->Preferences under the Save Tab turn on autosave. This will help prevent lose of work in case of crash.

John

Top Tags