cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

odesolve problem

strvalik
2-Guest

odesolve problem

Hi all!

I am thinking on a problem for work and I am trying to solve this ODE with odesolver. I am new to Mathcad and have been at it for several hours and cannot figure out what I'm doing wrong. Odesolve gives me this error:

"The number of rows returned from the function arguments does not match the number of equations to be solved"

If anyone could lend me a hand I would be eternally grateful.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:strvalik)

If you want to collect an expression into brackets you should NEVER type square brackets "[ ]", but ONLY round brackets "( )".

When you type square brackets, Prime creates an array or matrix..

I'm sure your error occurs due to this.

So go in and change the square brackets to round ones. Depending on the nesting of brackets, Prime may show some of them as square brackets, but, as said, you should never type them.

Success!
Luc

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:strvalik)

If you want to collect an expression into brackets you should NEVER type square brackets "[ ]", but ONLY round brackets "( )".

When you type square brackets, Prime creates an array or matrix..

I'm sure your error occurs due to this.

So go in and change the square brackets to round ones. Depending on the nesting of brackets, Prime may show some of them as square brackets, but, as said, you should never type them.

Success!
Luc

Perfect! Thank you Luc you saved me many hours of headache

Luc is perfectly right with his assumption.

The square bracket you typed isn't necessary at all (as is the parenthesis around the whole nominator).

Werner_E_1-1594676155310.png

Top Tags