cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

odesolve "array index invalid"

remslie
12-Amethyst

odesolve "array index invalid"

Hi, I am trying to solve  a simple differential equation that uses an excel acceleration vs time as the driving force. I have used linterp to ensure that time values used in the solve can be extracted from the input acceleration versus time data.There also seems to be an issue with too many initial conditions. I would have thought you need 4 but this solve block only seems to need 3?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks

ross

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@remslie wrote:

Hi, I am trying to solve  a simple differential equation that uses an excel acceleration vs time as the driving force. I have used linterp to ensure that time values used in the solve can be extracted from the input acceleration versus time data.There also seems to be an issue with too many initial conditions. I would have thought you need 4 but this solve block only seems to need 3?

Thanks

ross

I think you have confused the system (x) with the base (y) at times!  Here's my modification:

quake1.PNGquake2.PNG

Alan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@remslie wrote:

Thanks

ross

I think you have confused the system (x) with the base (y) at times!  Here's my modification:

quake1.PNGquake2.PNG

Alan

Alan,

Many thanks once again for your prompt response and dedication to the Mathcad cause.

Best regards,

Ross

Top Tags