cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

one server, one vendor, different licenses

ptc-4598633
1-Newbie

one server, one vendor, different licenses

Hi everyone,

we want to license the product Mathcad 14 and Mathcad 15 with the daemon pst_d.exe with two different licenses (Mathcad 14, Mathcad 15)

The flexera support said we need one license server for each license because the licenses use the same vendor daemon (ptc_d.exe)

But we want only one Server for every license. I hope I explain the topic clearly enough.

I tried to rename the daemon or tried different port-options, nothing helps.

It would be great to fix this problem and I'm very grateful for every tip.

Thank you very much!

with best regards,

Christoph

8 REPLIES 8

Hello,

Do you use "Floating" type of licensing for both Mathcad's (14 & 15)?

Hello,

yes we use the "Floating" type of licensing for both.

Try to copy into the license file for Mathcad 15 only license feature ("Mathcad Add-On Collection" (4 pieces) and "Mathcad REP" (1 piece)) from the license file for Mathcad 14. Then reread license file and restart license manager Flexnet.

Do you mean the INCREAMENT lines? There isn't any license Feature "Mathcad REP" or "Mathcad Add-On Collection" in the Mathcad 14 license file.

If I would have this Features in the license file, how can I choose the version of Mathcad I want to use?

Christoph Berner wrote:

Do you mean the INCREAMENT lines?

Yes.

Christoph Berner wrote:

...There isn't any license Feature "Mathcad REP" or "Mathcad Add-On Collection" in the Mathcad 14 license file...

In license file for Mathcad 14 must be "Mathcad Extensions" (Floating Option, (4 pieces)) and "Mathcad" (FLOATING License, (1 piece)).

Ah sorry,

yes here it is:

#254 30 Mathcad Extensions 14.0 Flt Opt perm 8A1396976

#255 30 Mathcad Extensions 14.0 Flt Opt perm 8A1396976

#256 30 Mathcad Extensions 14.0 Flt Opt perm 8A1396976

#257 30 Mathcad Extensions 14.0 Flt Opt perm 8A1396976

#MATHCAD 30 Academic Mathcad License 14.0 Flt Lic perm 8A1396976

Now I should merge this INCREAMENT lines with the INCREAMENT lines of Mathcad 15 and then I can use both versions?

Christoph Berner wrote:

...Now I should merge this INCREAMENT lines with the INCREAMENT lines of Mathcad 15 and then I can use both versions?

Just copy it from license file for MC14 and add into license file for MC15. It must be like this:

Pic_1.png

Christoph Berner wrote:

...how can I choose the version of Mathcad I want to use?

When you start Mathcad 14, the program can use the license option from the license file for MC14, and for the MC15. A Mathcad 15 can only use the license option from the license file for the MC15.

Top Tags