cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

open mathcad files in prime 3.1

rnathan
1-Newbie

open mathcad files in prime 3.1

Hi

I downloaded MATHCAD prime 3.1 and was trying to open a mathcad file (*.mcd). I am not able to open. I have only the thirty day free trial and the "converter is disabled".

The Mathcad files come from a textbook I have adopted for the class.

thanks

rungun

5 REPLIES 5

Hi Rungun,

In order to use a legacy Mathcad file (.mcd or .xmcd) in Mathcad Prime, the worksheet must be converted. This converter actually runs Mathcad 15 in the background, thereby requiring Mathcad 15 to be installed on your machine with Mathcad Prime. Therefore, in order for you to convert these files, you will need to download the Mathcad 15 trial as well. That should enable you to convert those files to Prime.

Luke Westbrook

Luke

I work on my university computers (networked with over a few thousand machines). I tried to run it on the current installation Mathcad Prime 3.0 and it does not work. Your suggestion of installing MATHCAD 15 will not work because all the thousands of machines on the network have the same image and cannot be changed mid semester.

So my question to you is what alternatives does PTC provide to help us the customer who used your product and are now stuck in this transition. Would PTC provide a converter without the need for MATHCAD 15?

thanks

rungun

Hi Rungun,

I am a bit confused. You were able to install and run the Prime 3.1 trial but not the Mathcad 15 trial? Could you clarify this for me to give me a better handle on your situation?

Unfortunately, conversion as it now stands requires Mathcad 15. However, if this is not an option, feel free to upload the worksheet in question, so that I or others on this Community can convert it for you.

Take care,

Luke

AndyWesterman
4-Participant
(To:rnathan)

You only need to install Mathcad 15 on one machine (yours) & it can be used to convert the legacy files (.mcd & .xmcd).

Once converted Mathcad Prime will save them as its own format (.mcdx) & you can distribute the new files to everyone on the network.

VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:rnathan)

Mathcad 15 should use the same license as for Mathcad Prime 3.1.

Top Tags