cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

order of calculations ? problem in Prime 3

bsimpkins
6-Contributor

order of calculations ? problem in Prime 3

hi all, 

I have some parameters followed by some calculations. When i change a paramter above, the recalculation throws an error (circled by red box). I have to "disable" then "enable" the calculation region to get it to recalculate without error.

what can i do to get the sheet to recalculate properly?

4 REPLIES 4

@bsimpkins wrote:

hi all, 

I have some parameters followed by some calculations. When i change a paramter above, the recalculation throws an error (circled by red box). I have to "disable" then "enable" the calculation region to get it to recalculate without error.

what can i do to get the sheet to recalculate properly?

Don't use Prime, rather use Mathcad 15. Even better in the long run - try to find another software which fits your needs as Mathcad/Prime seems to be a dead end.

Looks like you wanted to attach a picture but there is nothing to be seen.

Better additionally attach your worksheet and state clearly the exact version, as even Prime 3.0 and 3.1 are not file compatible. Ridiculous, but true.

bsimpkins
6-Contributor
(To:Werner_E)

SOLVED

agreed on all points. However, like most of Prime's userbase, i'm forced to use it by my employer. (interesting business model???)

anyway, I'm using Prime 3.0 on a Win10 machine. I found that when the calculation option "multithreading" is enabled, the sheet seems to try and caclculate multiple lines simulataneously (instead of in sequence) and it fails to calculate most. I disabled "multithreading" and it recalculates everything in sequence and successfully now.

Nevertheless I would call that a bug.

Prime should detect automatically when calculation in sequence is required and should act accordingly.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:Werner_E)

It is a bug that has come up before. I think it's been fixed though.

Top Tags