cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

parameterized solution of system of equations

ajay94_shan
5-Regular Member

parameterized solution of system of equations

I need parameterized solution from two equations. Both equations have two variables in them. . I am using "find". I tried "solve" (not shown in attached file) as well but could not succeed. How to get it? I tried everything since past 3 days. Searched extensively in Mathcad community. Pls help me in getting it. Pardon, if this is too simple to answer, but answer pls......Thank you very much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You may turn the solve block into a function of s (as shown below) and call this function vectorized(!!) with your vector s as argument.

Werner_E_0-1624625146294.png

Mathcad 15 sheet attached

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:ajay94_shan)

The short answer:

Make the solution of the find "sol" , a function of s. So:

sol(s) :=Find(......

and do NOT put an evaluation (=) after the Find() .

After that you can use the sol() function, which will produce a vector of two values for each input value of s.

There's possibly also another way, but then you'll have to save the sheet as a Mathcad 11 (.mcd) file and attach that before I can show you (I don't have Mathcad 15).

Success!

Luc

ajay94_shan
5-Regular Member
(To:LucMeekes)

Hi, Luc!

Thank you very much for your answers. I want to accept your reply  and Werner_E's reply as  solutions. But dont see such feature here. My purpose is solved. Thank you very much once again!

You may turn the solve block into a function of s (as shown below) and call this function vectorized(!!) with your vector s as argument.

Werner_E_0-1624625146294.png

Mathcad 15 sheet attached

ajay94_shan
5-Regular Member
(To:Werner_E)

Hi, Werner_E

! Thank you very much for your answers. I want to accept your reply and Luc's reply as solutions. But dont see such feature here. My purpose is solved. Thank you very much once again!

This one from Werner_E runs in Mathcad 15 and accepting this as solution. Luc's solution is also useful. No option to accept both as solution. Good to learn from both of you.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

The exact (symbolic) solution can also be found:

LucMeekes_0-1624636479850.png

(Note that the symbolic result is very wide, I cut it off for this picture)

When entering the values for s, r and tau you get:

LucMeekes_1-1624636513750.png

Success!
Luc

You may have to press F9 after opening the sheet to calculate the results, if it works at all in Mathcad 15...

You may have to press F9 after opening the sheet to calculate the results, if it works at all in Mathcad 15...

As usual MC15 throws the error about the expression being to large, but nonetheless we can use the function and it results in the same values. One benefit of the symbolic approach is that we get correct result for s=0 now (the solve block results in (0; 0).

@ajay94_shan 

In case you like Luc's symbolic approach, here's a way to create single functions for lambda1 and lambda2 and use them in defining functions for alpha and beta. Of course you could make all those functions also depending on r and tau, too, if that would be beneficial.

Werner_E_0-1624638582797.png

ajay94_shan
5-Regular Member
(To:Werner_E)

Thank you very much!

ajay94_shan
5-Regular Member

Solved by Werner_E and Luc. Great to learn more features of Mathcad.
Top Tags