cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

print (or export PDF) with API?

ERLTUSer
4-Participant

print (or export PDF) with API?

Can the MathCAD Prime API print (or export to PDF) via the API?

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

From the help pages it appears you can print.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

About PTC Mathcad Prime and Automation API Integration
The PTC Mathcad Prime Application Programming Interface (API) is an automation interface that provides a mechanism for communicating with PTC Mathcad Prime from within another Windows application, including a custom stand-alone application that users write.
You can use the API with PTC Mathcad Prime 3.1 or higher.
User Guide
The user guide describes the hierarchy of automation classes, their properties, methods, and events. These classes allow you to:
Open or close PTC Mathcad Prime
Control the appearance of windows
Open, recalculate, save, or print worksheets

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

I do not know if the API prints to the default printer or if you can select the printer.

You may have to set a pdf printer like "PDFCreator" as windows default printer.

The entire API doesn't have a "print" class, method, or event.

I assume the user guide is only available a part of the $9,000 SDK? What a joke.

@ERLTUSer wrote:

The entire API doesn't have a "print" class, method, or event.

I also read from PTC announcement that the automation classes would allow us to "Open, recalculate, save, or print worksheets ". Maybe thats not true??

In this thread

https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad-Questions/Save-Mathcad-Prime-Worksheet-as-pdf/td-p/177090

Luke Westbrook from PTC confirmed, that " the Mathcad Prime API currently does not support a method to save as or print to PDF."
This is no surprise and does not necessarily mean that printing to a standard printer is not possible via the API.

I assume the user guide is only available a part of the $9,000 SDK? What a joke.

According to this thread

https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad-Questions/NEW-API-for-Mathcad-Prime-3-1/td-p/12388

the answer is "yes". Ridiculous, indeed!

ERLTUSer
4-Participant
(To:ERLTUSer)
Top Tags