cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

ptcsetup.exe stopped working

ptc-5150856
1-Newbie

ptcsetup.exe stopped working

Hi,

Sorry for that i writting to you directly but i could't find other way to contact.

I have a problem with my mathcad software. After i clicked on setup.exe imiidietly appears information that ptcsetup.exe stopped working. i looked for solution in the net but i could't find anybody who can helps me. If you know how can i fix this problem please write to me. It is student ediition which was downloaded from your's website. My operating system: windows 7 professional 64bit

Best regards,

Michał Kuk

13 REPLIES 13

Which version of Mathcad? Mathcad 15 or Prime 3?

Did you try to double click the *.msi file instead of starting setup.exe?

Mathcad 15

Michał Kuk wrote:

Mathcad 15

Any success when using the msi installer as described here:http://communities.ptc.com/message/245072#245072 ?

I tried install mathcad in that way. But after instalation when i try turn it on, shows information that Mathcad stopped working not ptcsetup.exe stopped working. I have tried run as administrator and run as for example Windows Xp.

But i made a small next step because i have installed mathcad.

Thank you Werner Exinger

But if you can give me more tips please give me.

So you have successfully installed MC15?

Where does the errormessage you get when you try to execute Mathcad.exe stems from? Mathcad or Windows? Can you possibly post a screenshot?

Do you have the necessary preliminaries installed - that is, are you running the correct mdac, .net and msxml versions?

mathcad.png

This is my problem. I don't understand what is exactly mdac, net. What version msxml should i install?

Mathcad 15 requires the following pre-installed components from Microsoft:

• Microsoft.NET Framework® 3.5 or later.

• MSXML 4.0 SP2 Parser and SDK (this exact version of MSXML is required).

• Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 2.8 or later.

Mathcad_15_Requirements.jpg

I have installed MSDC 2.8 from this website http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=5793

. Net framework 4.5 and msxml 4.0 sp2 i have already installed on my computer.

But i have got the same problem, nothing has changed.

Any other idea? Pleas.

Additionally to what Vladimir pointed you to, you may try to install the "Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package" http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5638

Still the same problem;/

According to your screenshot you experience a buffer overflow exception (BEX).

You may google for "BEX error" and look if the tipps given in the various support forums may help you, too.

You are awsome. Problem is solved.

Just rename folder

C:\Mathcad 15\WPP_AddOn

on

C:\Mathcad 15\WPP_Add

Thank you very much for your engagement in my problem.

Top Tags