cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

purchase of Student edition

ptc-6471032
1-Newbie

purchase of Student edition

I am about to buy Mathcad prime 3.0 student edition,does it come with Mathcad 15 m010 or above so i'll be able to convert mathacad legacy file or just the prime version itself?

3 REPLIES 3

peyman amirafshari wrote:

I am about to buy Mathcad prime 3.0 student edition,does it come with Mathcad 15 m010 or above so i'll be able to convert mathacad legacy file or just the prime version itself?

I am not sure about the student edition.

Normally when you buy Prime you get Mathcad 15 for free with it - at least the license file you generate when you install Prime with your Product code ist valid for Mathcad 15, too.

I guess that will be the same for the student edition, too, but I am not absolutely sure about that.

Be prepared that conversion of legacy sheets may fail or require a lot of manual work arounds to make the sheets run because Prime is missing a lot of features we are used from Mathcad 15 and below.

At the time being I cannot recommend to replace Mathcad with Prime as this would be a huge step backwards.

Thank you for your answer.the resean i intend to use Prime is to make use of it's 64 bit nature,i have a mathcad 14 sheet which gets to lack memory error and i am hoping to encounter this problom by using Prim 3.0.I know prime 2.0 is no way near 15 but i hope prime 3.0 will be better.

peyman amirafshari wrote:

Thank you for your answer.the resean i intend to use Prime is to make use of it's 64 bit nature,i have a mathcad 14 sheet which gets to lack memory error and i am hoping to encounter this problom by using Prim 3.0.I know prime 2.0 is no way near 15 but i hope prime 3.0 will be better.

Prime 3 still is VERY far away from MC15.

But I would suggest you see yourself, download the 30-day trial version of Prime and concerning the one or other testsheets you may post here your MC14 seheet and ask for some helpful soul to do the conversion for you. So you can see of Prime supports the features you need and if your memory problem will be cured by Prime3.

This assumes the sheets do not contained any confidential material and you are allowed to post them here. Otherwise you will have to cerate some neutral testsheets for that purpose.

Top Tags