cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

quicksheet example do not work properly ?

PierreA.
1-Newbie

quicksheet example do not work properly ?

Hello,

I try to take the example from the quicksheets to solve PDE with Pdesolve. But even this example doesn't work properly:

Into the Pdesolve block, the limits for the x variable (2nd component of the vector, L) appears in red, with the error description "This variable reference is ambiguous". I try to correct it by adding a namespace operator, as described into the help, but in this case the error is always here. Even by putting a numeric avalue instead of L, the error persists.

I use Mathcad 14.

Can someone help to suppress this error ?

Thanks for answer.

Pierre

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Pierre,

Did you fully uninstall Mathcad 14, then reinstall? I don't know why else you would see an error, that no-one else is seeing.

I tried replacing the L with 6.28 as you did, and then I see an error message, that "the boundary conditions are not consistent with the endpoints specified for the spatial range." Try substituting the value of 2pi for L, which is its value in the worksheet.

Regards,

Mona

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:PierreA.)

This is what I get when opening in Mathcad 15.

Mike

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Which version of 14? If it's not at least 14.0 M020 then you should download and install the M020 service release.

It is Mathcad14 M020.

Here a snapshoot of the error I encountered.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Like Mike, I don't see the problem in 15. I can't install 14 in parallel with 15, so I can't check what I would see in that version.

I thank you much for your help, you and Mike.

I am very disapointed with Mathcad new versions (from 13 up) : I decided to abandon it about two years ago just because of that sort of errors, which is time consuming.

Now I try to return, but it seems without success, each time I start a new sheet I encountered a new problem.

I will try to find a solution with another software...

Bye

wayne
3-Visitor

I opened in 14.0, M020, and there is no problem?

PierreA.
1-Newbie
(To:wayne)

In beetween, I suspect my installation, so I re-install Mathcad M020, but without any change. Even if I put a numerical value like 6.28 to replace L, I get the same error.

Pierre,

Did you fully uninstall Mathcad 14, then reinstall? I don't know why else you would see an error, that no-one else is seeing.

I tried replacing the L with 6.28 as you did, and then I see an error message, that "the boundary conditions are not consistent with the endpoints specified for the spatial range." Try substituting the value of 2pi for L, which is its value in the worksheet.

Regards,

Mona

Thank you all for your kind answers, all of you.

I try a lot of changes, re-install Mathcad from the beginning, try also to repare it, try to sustitute 2pi, but always without success.

I have no chance, because all the other functions for ODE and PDE work correctly, except Pdesolve. I will try to use the numol alternative, but the explanations to use it are a little bit difficult for me (because of my poor English), especially for the boundary conditions definitions.

But I have no other choice if I will use Mathcad. To search more why this error appears could certainly take a lot of time, and seems to be machine specific for my case.

I do not want to consume your time and mine anymore. Consider the question solved.

Regards

Pierre

Top Tags