cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

"File type is not supported error" in Mathcad Prime 2.0

mebrahimian
1-Newbie

"File type is not supported error" in Mathcad Prime 2.0

Hi all,

I made a file in Mathcad prime 2.0 a few weeks ago and

now that I try to open it I get the error message "fie type is not supported"

I already searched the community and found out that it happens when there is tiff files in the file

which is not the case for me.

Please help.

The Mathcad file and error log file are attached below.

Best Regards,

Mahdi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I also can open your file with Prime 3.0.

When I look inside your file it looks to me as if it was saved by Prime 3. Could it be that someone opened and resaved the file with a version newer than 2.0?

Werner

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Mahdi Ebrahimian wrote:

Hi all,

I made a file in Mathcad prime 2.0 a few weeks ago and

now that I try to open it I get the error message "fie type is not supported"

I already searched the community and found out that it happens when there is tiff files in the file

which is not the case for me.

Please help.

The Mathcad file and error log file are attached below.

I can open the worksheet in Prime 3.1, but Prime has no capability for saving to prior versions (sadly).  I note that there are images in the header.

I've attached an xps and pdf version in case they are of any help to you in recovering/rewriting the file.

Stuart

I also can open your file with Prime 3.0.

When I look inside your file it looks to me as if it was saved by Prime 3. Could it be that someone opened and resaved the file with a version newer than 2.0?

Werner

MJG
18-Opal
18-Opal
(To:Werner_E)

I agree with Werner.  The embedded document properties list the following which appears to indicate a Prime 3.0 file format:

<appVersion release="F000">3.0.0.0</appVersion>

<serializationVersion UiCulture="en-US" Culture="en-US" architecture="x64">3.0.0.1</serializationVersion>

<engineVersion>3.0.0.194</engineVersion>

Additionally, the culprit appears to be:

<cp:lastModifiedBy>KLEINFELDER\fasuarez</cp:lastModifiedBy>

Mahdi Ebrahimian wrote:

Hi all,

I made a file in Mathcad prime 2.0 a few weeks ago and ...

From what Werner and Mark are seeing, it looks like somebody has moved it up a version.   Unless you can upgrade your version of Mathcad Prime, I'd suggest you see if your IT department have a got a backup version for the last day you remember the file being in Prime 2.   It may even be the case that your Operating System configuration will allow you to open previous versions directly.

Stuart

Thanks every body,

You are all right. As it turned out some of the machines in our office has Mathcad Prime 3.0

I upgraded to 3 and now everything works fine.

Top Tags