cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

"Short Shape of Mathcad" for protected use

WolfgangIssel
1-Newbie

"Short Shape of Mathcad" for protected use

Hello,

I am working scientifically with Mathcad 11 in the field of Psycho-Mathematics, for example calculating motivation strength under variable parameters of input.

Now, for further application, it is wanted by clients to have a "short" Mathcad-Version, only to "play" with the input parameters and see the output results. It should be a "black box" showing input and output parameters only. All program items should not be seen, readable or changable. For example like ADOBE Reader, where you can read, but not change contents of the document.

Is it possible to manage this with Mathcad 11? To bring input and output in such a protected shape?

Otherwise the great danger of copying and abusing my work will arise.

Greetings from Wolfgang Issel

7 REPLIES 7

Hello,

You can use the collapsed area (in the main menu select "Insert" -> "Area") and set a password (right click on area and select "Lock" option) for these areas.

Pic_1.PNG

Pic_2.PNG

P.S. Password for collapsed area in worksheet is "123".

Hello, VladimirN, thank you very much for your immediate and good presented answer. Indeed I tried your way and it was sucessful at the first time... Greetings from Wolfgang Issel

What Vladimir wrote.

But they will still need to have Mathcad on their PC. There is no Mathcad Reader app yet.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:MichaelH)

"But they will still need to have Mathcad on their PC. There is no Mathcad Reader app yet."

The application "Mathcad Explorer" is still available out there on the internet, version 8.02, reads and executes Mathcad 8 files. Search for "Mathcad explorer" and after some persistence you should find it.

If you make your sheet such that it runs smoothly on Mathcad 8, you can save it as a mathcad 8 sheet and have people play with it. Mathcad 8 does support password protected collapsable regions.

Oh, I have some bad experiences which - may be - related to having Mathcad 11 and Mathcad explorer 8.02 being installed on the same machine. To be sure, install Mathcad Explorer on a different machine when you want to try it out.

Success!

Luc

Mathcad 11 can save files for version Mathcad 8, which you can then open in free viewer Mathcad Explorer 8. Mathcad Explorer 8 can be found by link here:

http://communities.ptc.com/message/164132#164132

http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~msn/book/mcexp802.exe

Pic_1.PNG

Hello, MichaelH, thank you for your answer. Your remark is spotting the next problem: How to get Mathcad 11 for some clients. Mathcad 11 is the only program, fulfilling the needs of psycho-mathematical calculations at the moment. I think, it is even not easy to get Mathcad 11 on the market. Is there a way? Greetings from Wolfgang Issel

Using the converter from your version to MC Prime 2.0 will remove any protection you intended.

Protection is not offered anymore, and conversion breaks it.

MC Prime becomes a "reader' after 30 days.

See my recent post, and best of luck to you.

Top Tags