cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

"Solve for Variable?"

mkelly
1-Newbie

"Solve for Variable?"

What happened to "solve for variable" in Mathcad "Prime" 3.0?  That was one of the most useful features in all of Mathcad, and it really isn't worth having without that.

2 REPLIES 2
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:mkelly)

That should still be in, but it's in the 'Symbolics' section which is closed for mortals that are restricted to Prime Express, like me.

My 'Symbolics' is locked:

If you own a license to the full version of Prime 3.0 you should be able to find and use it. Somethjing like this:

Success!
Luc

I had immediately found that one, but was stuck on the algebraic rearrangement of equations that used to be very handy.  In Mathcad <= 15.0, one could right click on any variable in an equation, and a pop-up window would give you the option to "solve for variable" - meaning that it would, if possible, rearrange the entire equation in terms of that variable.  It was one of the best features of Mathcad, allowing rapid algebraic manipulation, substitution (also less convenient in Prime), and overall power to derive.  I finally did figure it out for prime.  Here was my first win.

Thank you, though, for answering.  I like this community.

Top Tags