cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

"failed to launch server application" error in Quicksheet

thall
1-Newbie

"failed to launch server application" error in Quicksheet

Using Mathcad 14 (MO20) under Windows Vista, 32-bit.

Help / Quicksheets / Engineering Applications / WAV files, Spectograms, and Signal Generation.

This Quicksheet repeated fails with the message "failed to launch server application" awhen I try to scroll past the last line

in the attached image. Occasionally Mathcad hangs and has to be shut down with the Windows Task Manager.

The embedded WAV file loads fine, as does a WAV file read in from disk.

Why would a pre-tested Quicksheet be giving such an error? Any idea what could be going on?

Thanks,

Tracy

failed to launch.Png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:thall)

I think the 3D plot component is not registered correctly. Try repairing the Mathcad installation.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
VladimirN
24-Ruby II

I tested in Mathcad 15 M030 version and it works fine. I recommend that you upgrade to the latest service release for MC14 - M035.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:VladimirN)

Do not install M035. It has a serious bug. M030 is the last usable release for MC14.

Richard Jackson wrote:

Do not install M035. It has a serious bug. M030 is the last usable release for MC14.

Richard,

Which one?

VladimirN. wrote:

Richard Jackson wrote:

Richard,

Which one?

?? There is only one M030 for MC14.

I mean bug.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:VladimirN)

Do you mean which bug? Actually, it's long enough ago that I don't recall, I just recall that M035 has a bad bug.

Richard Jackson wrote:

Do you mean which bug? Actually, it's long enough ago that I don't recall, I just recall that M035 has a bad bug.

It was a bad memory bug. Every time after closing the program it still remained in memory and the process had to be killed via task manager.

Now and then this still happens with the current M030, too, but fortunately not too often.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:Werner_E)

Yes, I remember now. Thanks for jogging my memory.

Thank you, Werner.

Yes, bug.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

I think the 3D plot component is not registered correctly. Try repairing the Mathcad installation.

thall
1-Newbie
(To:RichardJ)

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. I tried to repair Mathcad in the Windows Control Panel, but I got about 16 messages warning that various objects had failed to register. So I completely uninstalled MathCad, the Resource Center, and HelpCenter. The uninstall left about a hundred orphaned objects in the registry, which I discovered and cleaned with Glary Utilities. Did a new installation, and everything works fine.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

As a tip for the future, in the Mathcad program folder you will find "regtool.exe". Running it will register everything that Mathcad needs to function.

Top Tags