cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

results going 'blank' and not re-displaying?

Philip.Oakley
1-Newbie

results going 'blank' and not re-displaying?

I'm working with both V14 M030 and V15 M005.

I'm often getting cases where a result will stop being displayed, with only the result place holder showing and not being able to get mathcad to re-display the proper result.

This appears to happen when I'm moving other regions about on the page. Mathcad appears to think the result may need recalculating, so blanks it, and then decides it doesn't need recalculating after all, and won't redisplay

The answers are still valid in that I can start another region along side requesting the same answer "A =" with the value being displayed, yet the original region stubbornly refuses to 'recalculate'. Neither Ctrl+R, or F9 (region selected or not) work.

Has anyone else experienced this or have a 'solution'?

Philip

7 REPLIES 7

Has anyone else experienced this

Frequently

or have a 'solution'?

Not a good one. Sometimes moving the offending region down the page and then back up fixes it. Saving and reloading always fixes it.

Looks like I should get this reported.

My big problem is the 'how to repeat' issue.

Has anybody a guaranteed method of making it happen with a simple worksheet?

Could it be time related, that is a race between the two threads of 'compute' and 'display'? I have a feeling that it has always (mainly) happened on larger sheets which probably have bigger dependency graphs for the software to parse. Also, thinking about it, I'm probably doing regions shifts that are in the middle of the sheet, with dependencies both up and down, and I'm probably using the right hand side so as I drag selected regions (plural) there will be lots of these dependency adjustments.

Philip

My big problem is the 'how to repeat' issue.

I have no idea. That's why I haven't bothered to report it

Reported now.

Case Number: 10208568

Short Description: Results disappear and won't recalculate when regions are moved around them

If anyone has more information or suggestions please post.

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:RichardJ)

Richard Jackson wrote:

Has anyone else experienced this

Frequently

or have a 'solution'?

Not a good one. Sometimes moving the offending region down the page and then back up fixes it. Saving and reloading always fixes it.

Seconded. Depending on how quick it would be to calculate the worksheet again to the offending point, I might delete the region and retype it rather than close and reopen. However, as it doesn't appear to affect the calculated data, I usually just ignore it.

Stuart

happens too often here (v15m005).. only solution I came up with is just retyping the result A = solves it, but still it's annoying...

OK, so I've logged it as a fault (PTC Case C10208568).

If anyone has any worksheet that is more prone to demonstrating the effect, could they post a copy, and idincate where/when the problem happened, even if they can't reproduce the effect. Please?

Also, do folks feel it happens when:

1. moving a single region
  2. moving a group of regions (I think I see this mainly)
  3. Moving regions past others (I notice it here most)
  4. when simply editing a region (I haven't noticed this)
  5. other actions.

Also, any ideas on shortcut solutions (that could be implemented), even if the fault isn't immediatly found. I'm thinking here of user manual actions that you expect to work but aren't.

I can feed them back into the case file.

Philip

Top Tags