cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

simplifying expression

ptc-6727461
1-Newbie

simplifying expression

Hi. I have the problem presented in the attachement. I need to replace the value of the determinant of the second expression with B, to make it simpler. I've tried with "explicit, B" but it doesen't work. How do i do that? Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Here is the whole content of his file:

1.png

He has alreaday asked the same question here: http://communities.ptc.com/message/261653#261653

For reasons unknown to us he wants Mathcad to display something like

2.png

which I guess is demanding too much.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:ptc-6727461)

Can't see your file at the moment but the mathematical term for replacement is substitution. Mathcad has that built in. Use the 'substitute' symbolic keyword with argument {determinant}=B.

Success!
Luc

Here is the whole content of his file:

1.png

He has alreaday asked the same question here: http://communities.ptc.com/message/261653#261653

For reasons unknown to us he wants Mathcad to display something like

2.png

which I guess is demanding too much.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:Werner_E)

It is possible, if you tell Mathcad what you want it to give you. With:MatrixAlgebra.png

LucMeekes wrote:

It is possible, if you tell Mathcad what you want it to give you. With:

Yes, thats basically the way I did it in the file I posted. Not sure if it had helped.

Ok. I understood so the first thing i want to know is how do I insert that bold equal sign. Sorry but i'm a dummy

Labont Pavel-Cristian wrote:

Ok. I understood so the first thing i want to know is how do I insert that bold equal sign. Sorry but i'm a dummy

This boolean equal sign is accessible from at least two palettes ("calculator" and "boolean"). I usually use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl & +, but this may be different, depending on the keyboard layout you use - I am using a keyboard with German layout.

Thank you very much.

Top Tags