cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

single user license change?

ptc-185578
1-Newbie

single user license change?

I replaced the C: drive on my computer that had Mathcad 14 as a single user license. I am past the 30 day support period and don't know how to get a license file with the new Volume Serial Number which was assigned to the new hard drive. I don't see any way for me to contact PTC with this request. When I had to do this in 2008, I just called 781-370-5205 and the license file was quickly and easily sent to me.

Does anybody have a suggestion on how to get in contact with someone at PTC when they don't want you contacting them?

2 REPLIES 2

I forgot to mention that I also tried using Mathcad Single User & Student Licenses from the PTC website to request a license, but it says I have an invalid product code. Its the same product code that was on the other C: drive before it was removed. It was also good enough for the software to install.

Am I supposed to somehow let them know that the software is removed from the other drive before I can use this website for getting a new license file without being told I have an invalid product code.

To get the new volume number, open up the Command prompt window, then type in "vol c:" and it will give you your hard drive volume number.

Then go to the technical support site at PTC and under licensing select MathCAD and then MathCAD Single User. Then fill out the information. You will get a new license file in your e-mail.

Top Tags