cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

slove block

drgriffin
1-Newbie

slove block

Can anyone see why the attached solve block won't work
7 REPLIES 7

On 3/30/2010 11:19:40 AM, dmg wrote:
>Can anyone see why the
>attached solve block won't
>work

Hello Dr. Griffin,

There appears to be two problems:
> you define m:2 at the top, which messes up the meter unit

> the solve block returns 3 quantities with differing units, and that's not allowed in M14. You'll need to do find(f, Vel/(m/s),Re.number) to get units agreement, and then add the m/s later.

I get 0.017, 1.931 (m/s), and 1.012E7

TTFN,
Eden
IRstuff
3-Visitor
(To:IRstuff)

Sorry, forgot to attach the file

TTFN,
Eden

see my soln
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:IRstuff)

On 3/30/2010 11:46:50 AM, eden_mei wrote:

>> the solve block returns 3 quantities with >>differing units, and that's not allowed in M14.

It is if you assign the results of the solve block to a vector of variables (unlike in MC11, where you could assign the results to a single variable). But I see dmg has already figured that out.

Richard

If you look at the original file I submitted it was in the correct form, a vector was used to hold soln variables, however it does not work. The useless error message hints at a units problem but I do not see one.

Eden identitified the problem for you first file in his original post -- you define the variable m, and subsequently try to use m to represent the meter unit. You can't do that, unless you use math styles to distinguish the different usages.

yep, I figured that might be it but could not spot the problem. Thanks
Top Tags