cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

solve block problem

jreddy
1-Newbie

solve block problem

how can i get T_2_10k=2360 at the end as a result

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:jreddy)

You may use the normal assignment operator to assign a variale the result of a symbolic evaluation. Or is the question meant how to get the positive result only?

You have not used a solve block, as your subject pretends. You wouldn't experience the problem if you had used a solve block as you could use constraints in a solve block.

With the symbolics you may either use "assume" to tell muPad that all variables (units are seen by the symbolics as unknown varaibles, too) are positive

1.png

or you may assign the symbolic result to a variable and then pick the correct solution yourself using the vector index

2.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I

jagadeesh reddy wrote:

how can i get T_2_10k=2360 at the end as a result

You're solving for the torque at which the part fails. The units need to be ft lbf, not psi.

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

Assign the result of the symbolic result to a variable, extract the element you want and then change the Result display format to Decimals = 0 and Exponential Threshold = 5 (or some suitably large number to stop the exponent displaying).

Stuart

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

You may use the normal assignment operator to assign a variale the result of a symbolic evaluation. Or is the question meant how to get the positive result only?

You have not used a solve block, as your subject pretends. You wouldn't experience the problem if you had used a solve block as you could use constraints in a solve block.

With the symbolics you may either use "assume" to tell muPad that all variables (units are seen by the symbolics as unknown varaibles, too) are positive

1.png

or you may assign the symbolic result to a variable and then pick the correct solution yourself using the vector index

2.png

Top Tags