cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

square wave train

payman
13-Aquamarine

square wave train

Hello,

I want to create a square wave train with 40 kHz frequency. The problem with the attached worksheet is

1- it doesn't start from zero amplitude

2- I don't know how to add the factor (x-vt) , x= position and v=the sound speed, to simulate the wave train propagation in "x" direction.

Could you please give me some hints.

All the best

Payman

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
-MFra-
21-Topaz II
(To:payman)

Square wave.jpg

Example of voltage step propagation, along a line, in space and time:

wave propagation.jpg

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I

Maybe a place to start

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

Square wave.jpg

Example of voltage step propagation, along a line, in space and time:

wave propagation.jpg

Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I

Fixed to start at zero

payman
13-Aquamarine
(To:Fred_Kohlhepp)

thank you, the worksheet generates an infinite train , how can I truncate it to 10 periods ?

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

This should do it, for any frequency Fs, amplitude A, duty-cycle d and number of periods p:

Success!
Luc

Nicely done

hi luc,

your solution to this looks interesting. i'd like to try it out, but i don't see a mathcad file for it. can you post it?

thanks,

anthony

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:prop_design)

You should be able to type it in yourself.

But, OK, see attached.

Success!
Luc

thanks luc,

i wasn't sure if there was more to it or not. i played around with the file you posted. it seems to have a lot of odd behavior depending on the inputs used. one odd thing is the duty cycle is at the end of the cycle rather than the beginning. the other odd things seem to be input limitations. kinda hard to explain.

hi,

here is a modification that works more like what i was expecting. i'll make a new thread using it to drive a mass spring damper. thanks for this. i never would have figured it out without your post.

anthony

Top Tags