cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

stop REcalculation when opening file

bsimpkins
6-Contributor

stop REcalculation when opening file

hi all, 

my sheet does some calculations and plot the results.  when i reopen the sheet the next day, it has to recalculate everything.  how do i set up the sheet to "save" the previous calculation results?

cheers,

blake

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@bsimpkins wrote:

hi, 

i'm using prime 4 but my solutions are not saved when i reopen the file.  i'm doing lengthy fitting routines and when i reopen the file, the fits are redone.

You can try (no guarantees):

• Open Prime as an application, not the file,
  • Turn off automatic calculation,
  • Then open your file.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:bsimpkins)

Are you using Prime or (real) Mathcad?

Luc

bsimpkins
6-Contributor
(To:LucMeekes)

hi, 

i'm using prime 4 but my solutions are not saved when i reopen the file.  i'm doing lengthy fitting routines and when i reopen the file, the fits are redone.

@bsimpkins wrote:

hi, 

You can try (no guarantees):

• Open Prime as an application, not the file,
  • Turn off automatic calculation,
  • Then open your file.

that seems to work.  i open the file then immediately click to stop all calcs.  

@bsimpkins wrote:

hi, 

I am surprised as to the best of my knowledge Prime does not recalculate when a file is opened. It would recalculate only if you force it by pressing F5/9 or if you change something in your sheet (when autocalc is turned on).

Probably I am wrong about that?

I guess you are using real Mathcad and not Prime as in Prime the results at save time are saved in the file and displayed the next time you open the file anyway.

In real Mathcad you would have to save the states of your calculations yourself.

If a lengthy calculation return a matrix of values you may save this matrix into a file and change your worksheet in the way that the lengthy calculation only is done if this file does not exist, otherwise simply read in the values from the file.

Top Tags