cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

symbolic real and imaginary part of a complex function

payman
13-Aquamarine

symbolic real and imaginary part of a complex function

Hello

Would you please let me know how I can calculate the real and imaginary part of a complex function using mathcad symbolic?

Thank you very much

Payman

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:payman)

You should really state which version you use and show by example and attached WS what exactly you are after!

Look if something of the following fulfills your needs:

Re_Im.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AndyWesterman
4-Participant

It can be as follows:

Capture.PNG

A trivial example, but difficult to know if it is sufficient without your particular example.

Note that the assume is necessary, otherwise mathcad will assume that all varaibles can be complex.

regards

Andy

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

You should really state which version you use and show by example and attached WS what exactly you are after!

Look if something of the following fulfills your needs:

Re_Im.png

Werner, how do you type-in the underline like the "z" in your worksheet?

Its a user defined style. As far as I remember from your sheets you change the default appearance, too.

Go to "Format"/"Equation..." under "Style Name" you see three predefined ones and seven user defineable. I renamed "User2" to "complex" and changed the appearance to look like the variables but additionally underlined.

Everytime you want to use the style you would have to type the name and then change the default style "variable" to "complex" (drop down selector in the menubar). Its tedious and I wish I had a keyboard shortcut for it or at least would be able to do it via right click menu, but...

One drawback is when you use variable names with subscripts - the subscript is underlined, too and this does not look that good

ZC.png

one possible way out is to define C as 0 (somewhere hidden) and use a vector subscript

ZC2.png

but this can be pretty confusing.

Top Tags