cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

'the file type is not supported.'

abojanowska
1-Newbie

'the file type is not supported.'

PLEASE, I need your help. I saved my mathcad file and then my computer crashed. Now I cannot open my mathcad file for the life of mine. It says 'The file type is not supported. Log file is located at "xxx.log". Does it mean it's unrecoverable? I have no idea what to do! Can anyone, PLEASE , help me? I've attached my mathcad file and a log file. I use Mathcad Prime 3.1.

2 REPLIES 2
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:abojanowska)

Sorry, but your file is full of nothing other than NUL characters, There is nothing to recover.

-MFra-
21-Topaz II
(To:abojanowska)

The following description is a valid procedure for mathcad 15 ( that  I experienced). You can follow these steps: Open the folder where the file was contained. In this folder, there should be a file with the name MFC-filename- (the name of the lost file) with extension .tmp, for example MFCFD63.tmp. Copy the file found, on the desktop or wherever you like. Then change the extension (.tmp) in .xmcd,  if using mathcad15.  Then, open the file by double clicking on it quickly.

About mathcad Prime, I would not know what to say. Try the same.

While in mathcad 15 there is the option  "auto save", every 5 minutes for example, I am not aware, that such a function, there is also in mathcad Prime. So, if you use mathcad Prime, you should have an always-on backup drive, so that you do not lose your files in case of a crash.

Greetings

FM

Top Tags