cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

this value must be an integer

ptc-3682623
12-Amethyst

this value must be an integer

Hi

I need help,because I dont know what I do wrong. Please help.Thanks for help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This is the correct answer.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

You misused the range i as index of y which for obvious reasons can't be allowed unless you use Mathcad's feature of implicit looping as you did in the definition of x two lines above.

Which value(s) and which data structure did you think that k[1 would have?

But even if you would have used k1[i:=... - what do you think a vector index is? Its a position number of a vector element.

So why did you use something like x[(i+0.5) or even y[(i+0.5*k1. Obviously a vector index must be an integer - there is no position 1.73 in a vector, just 1 or 2.

I would suggest you study the basics of vectors and ranges more thoroughly.

If You would like solve this problem in xmcd I will be grateful You. I need solve differential equation metod of Rung-Kutta

I guess your question would have better been placed in Mathcad/Homework Help.

I understand that you think it would be easier for you if I would do your work, but I guess that the purpose of that assignment is to get you more familiar with Mathcad and the thus implemented mathematical algorithms.

So I suggest again that you do your homework and have a closer look at the basics of Mathcad. Then try again and if you get stuck come back here again.

Maybe, if you search this forum for "Runge Kutta", you may find some useful hints.

I solve it. Look at this, but I need plot it but I cant.

piotr grobelny wrote:

I solve it.

No, you didn't! It was jmG http://communities.ptc.com/message/79319#79319

Copying other peoples work without understanding what they did will not bring you any further.

When I saw it now I know what it does ad line. It easy. But now I dont now what plot this

This is the correct answer.

Top Tags