cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

try to close a blank worksheet...

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

try to close a blank worksheet...

Why, working with mathcad Prime, when I try to close a blank  worksheet, clicking on the x in the upper right corner of the same page, the page does not close, instead it is incremented a negative index, each time I click on the x?

Thank you

FM

indice negativo.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:-MFra-)

That must be a feature of the 'Multiple Document Interface', possibly badly implemented.

When you click on that X, you close the currently open document, but because you did not close the application it (the application) remains open.

In e.g. MsWord, you can close the active document, and after closing the last active document, you have an interface that allows you to do a few things: opening an existing document or creating a new one.

Prime apparently isn't prepared to have no active document, so it creates a new one for you automatically, and assigns it a sequential number, preceded by a dash (= minus sign).

Luc

Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I
(To:-MFra-)

Apparently Mathcad must have at least one sheet open, so if you close sheet Untitled-1, it then creates Untitled-2.  (This also works if you close from the menu.)  If you have another sheet open then Mathcad will happily close your untitled sheet.

But better as in Word or Excel!

Top Tags